Qardio, is on a mission to make heart health easier, smarter and better for everyone. As a leading brand in the digital health and technology sector, we are hiring a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our team.
As we scale, there will be significant opportunity for you to grow within the organization and improve the lives for millions of people around the world. Our office is in Amsterdam, near Westerpark.
You will be part of Qardio's DevOps Team, delivering a platform of globally distributed, scalable, reliable and high performance and secure data services and infrastructure to keep up with our rapid growth and the increasing demands of our product teams, and external customers.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer, you will be a core contributor in this group helping us to deliver the world-class data platform Qardio needs in order to succeed. You and your team will face some of the most complex challenges in distributed data systems at scale.
You will work in a team that owns and operates production services in AWS cloud infrastructure using the latest tools, and will have exposure to industry leading open source data technologies.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- You’ll design the infrastructure that makes it possible for our Engineering team to work efficiently and our services to run smoothly.
- You’ll work to improve our development and deployment processes to reduce the likelihood of downtime and optimize costs.
- You’ll build effective solutions to monitor our systems health and behaviour.
- You'll be searching for ways to improve security and uptime from an infrastructure perspective
- You'll support the development team with infrastructure projects, optimizations, and tools
What we are looking for in candidates:
- At least 4 years of DevOps experience in a cloud-based environment
- Experience with Amazon AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, ElastiCache, Lambda, CloudFront, Route53)
- Experience with DevOps practices like automated deployments, infrastructure as code using tools like Jenkins, SaltStack, CodeDeploy and CloudFormation.
- Strong scripting and automation skills using bash, Python, or similar
- Experience deploying and managing Memcached, ElasticSearch and Kafka on AWS.
- Familiarity with Relational and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Cassandra or DynamoDB.
- Understand scalability challenges and performance of server-side code. You can design and develop horizontally-scalable, resilient and efficient systems.
- Are driven by a hunger for challenge and opportunity and thriving in a fast paced, intense, delivery-focused environment.
- Have a global mindset and be happy operating with a team spread across in multiple time zones
- Possess excellent communication skills
What we offer:
- The ability to control your own career path and grow into a leadership role with an innovative company
- Great working environment, flexible work-hours, holiday plan, 25 days of leave yearly and training
- The ability to participate in a cutting-edge field of creating digital healthcare products
- The opportunity to work in an international environment working with others from different cultures, countries and backgrounds
- The chance to work in the heart of Amsterdam
- Visa sponsorship